Information We Collect
- Personally Identifiable Information: We may collect information that identifies you (“Personally Identifiable Information”) when you interact and provide such information on our Site. The types of Personally Identifiable Information collected on our Site may include, among other things, your name, address, phone number, birth date, billing and delivery information, e-mail address, credit card or other financial account information.
- Non-Personal Data: As you interact on our Site, we may also collect information that is not Personally Identifiable Information but may disclose other aspects of your browsing history or certain other information about you through the use of a variety of technologies, including, but not limited to, cookies, tags, beacons, Internet Protocol (IP) address tracking/URL tracking, and other tools. "Cookies" are pieces of code/text that gets placed on your computer when you browse our Sites. Cookies may be placed by us or third party advertisers contracted by us. “Tags” and web beacons refer to code scripts that are primarily used to track visitors’ activities on our Site by web analytics software. The types of non-personal data collected on our Site through the use of these, and other tools as NAIP AND THE COMMISSION may add from time to time, may include: the search terms you used, new or returning user, browser information, computer type, operating system, internet service providers, website usage, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, number of clicks, ads viewed, etc. Additionally, cookies, tags and other tools placed by third parties may collect other information about you such as, but not limited to, your industry, company size, job function, seniority level, etc.)(collectively, all of the foregoing data the "Non-Personal Data").
How We Use and Share Personally Identifiable Information
Once collected, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a variety of ways including (but not limited to):
- Provide service communications such as bill reminders, order confirmations, program registrations, and customer service messages
- Answer your emails or online requests
- Deliver and process surveys
- Personalize and improve the usability of the Site
- Fulfill and/or deliver NAIP AND THE COMMISSION products and services
- Publish membership directories and registration lists as described below
- Sharing with our business partners to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you as described below
- Sharing with third parties as required by law or to protect NAIP AND THE COMMISSION as described below
- Sharing your Email Address as permitted under the email policy as described below
Publication of Your Personally Identifiable Information for Membership Directories and Registration Lists. As a professional organization, the Personally Identifiable Information you provide may be published on the Site and in print or digital form in a variety of ways to allow others and the public to find you, including, but not limited to, directories, membership lists, and other types of registration lists for NAIP AND THE COMMISSION programs and events (“Directory Lists”). Directory Lists will not include sensitive information, such as credit card or bank information, or social security numbers. Users may request their information be suppressed from Directory Lists by contacting us.
Sharing your Personally Identifiable Information to Fulfill Service Requests. When fulfilling service requests initiated by you, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with certain third parties to fulfill the requests.
Sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information When Legally Necessary or to Protect NAIP AND THE COMMISSION’s interests. NAIP AND THE COMMISSION may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on NAIP AND THE COMMISSION; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of NAIP AND THE COMMISSION; or (c) protect the personal safety of NAIP AND COMMISSION personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances.
Sharing Your Email Address. Your email address will only be used by NAIP AND THE COMMISSION. We do not sell or rent email addresses to anyone outside NAIP AND THE COMMISSION. NAIP AND THE COMMISSION will also not offer email addresses to unrelated third-parties, affiliates.
How to Manage The Sharing Of Your Personally Identifiable Information
You can manage your profile and email preferences, including opting out of Email either online under the forum section of this site or by contacting us.
How We May Use and Share Non-Personal Data
Through the use of various technological tools, we may collect Non-Personal Data to improve the usability of our Sites/Services and for other business reasons. We may share the Non-Personal Data we collect with third parties or permit third parties to place tools like cookies, tags, web beacons, to collect additional Non-Personal Data when you browse our Sites. We or other third party companies may then use the Non-Personal Data to provide advertisements and targeted advertisements to you (ads based on the Non-Personal Data). We do not share Personally Identifiable Information with third parties to whom we share your Non-Personal Data. Please note that you may be subject to the privacy policies of other non-NAIP AND THE COMMISSION companies when you hit an advertising link or other link that takes you to sites not operated by the NAIP AND THE COMMISSION.
California Privacy Rights
We do not knowingly solicit data online from or market online to children under the age of 13.
The NAIP AND THE COMMISSION implements commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to personal information to the NAIP AND THE COMMISSION’s business partners who may need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals or partner organizations are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
User ID and password
Certain areas of the Site may require the use of a user ID, email address or password as an additional security measure that helps protect your information.
To help you protect your privacy, the IOLTA.org has clear tools to help you log in and log out.
Linking to other Internet sites
How you can access and change information
If you are a registered user of the Site, you may review and update/correct your information directly on the IOLTA.org website or by contacting us.
Last updated November 2013